Thursday, November 5, 2015

Stepping Out of the Boat

The comfort zone is a great place to hang out, isn't it?  Doing what you've always done, going where you've always gone, eating what you've always eaten, and wearing what you've always worn is wonderful, right?  It's easy.  Hey, you can't mess up if you stick to what you know!

I'm a stickler for schedules and routines.  As I've told you before, the beloved Cozi app on my phone (and my old fashioned paper calendar) are how I maintain my "I've got it all together" persona.  I'm not much for changing things up.  However, I've recently decided that I'm about to loosen the grip on my calendar and make room from some spontaneity and newness in my life.

Stepping out of the boat is such a bold statement of faith.  When you confine yourself to the norm, you may very well be blocking yourself from the blessings that God has for you.  My challenge to you today is to try something new.  Something different.  Something outside of your normal routine, if you are a routine follower, like me.

Today, I am thankful for the decision to step of out the boat.  I am so excited about what God is going to do in my life because my decision to exercise my faith in Him.  









No comments:

Post a Comment