Monday, November 2, 2015

Kicking off the Season of Thanks

I blinked...and now it's November.  Time flies when you're living.  I can't believe it's been nearly five months since the last time I logged into my blog!  I've missed being here and am really hoping that I can work Diva on the Run back into my schedule.  Since the last time I blogged, I've started a new job, my first born started high school (I'm still trying to figure out how that happened), my baby started junior high, and several other things have happened in between.  But, as always, this busy mom wears whichever hat she needs to wear to make it all work!

Since we are approaching Thanksgiving, I decided to follow the status quo and theme this month's posts on being thankful.  Often times, we get so wrapped up in what we don't have that we fail to realize what we do have.  It only took me a few minutes to take a quick assessment and realize that I really do have a lot to be thankful for! (I don't know why it's so easy to forget that sometimes.)

I love social media during the holidays.  People tend to post what they are thankful for and the drama is often muted.  Well, most of the time, anyway.  It is so refreshing to see people focus on the things and people that they are truly thankful for.  

In my last blog post (I know it's been a while), I mentioned the devotional book that my friend gifted me.  Well, I'm still reading that book on a daily basis.  The book is Joyce Meyer's The Power of Being Thankful:  365 Devotions for Discovering the Strength of Gratitude.  What I love most about this book is that just when I think I've covered every area of my life that I'm thankful for, my daily reading brings to remembrance something that I have overlooked.

Today's reading was titled, "Doing Something Great With Your Life".  When I think of all of the things that I aspire to do in life, I am so thankful for the opportunities that I have been given.  I am thankful in advance for the opportunities that are in my future.  

Take a moment and think about the things (outside of the norm) that you are thankful for.  The things that you are truly thankful for.  We all love and are thankful for our spouses, our parents, our children, our houses, our cars, our clothes, etc.  But what are you really thankful for?  

image from www.dogonews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment