Saturday, June 6, 2015

Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

A few months ago, a very close friend of mine gifted me Joyce Meyer's "The Power of Being Thankful" and for several weeks, I became habitual in thanking God for the many blessings in my life.  I was proud of myself for reading from the book daily and taking the time to focus on the good things in my life.  However, in the hustle and bustle of life, I somehow drifted from that habit and moved to a place where I find myself complaining about more things than I give thanks for. 


 
Today is June 6.  I picked up my devotional this afternoon and found my bookmark nestled between the May 16 and May 17 devotions, which means that the last time I read from the book was one of those days.   I have to admit that I'm a little embarrassed by that.  I could easily blame the final weeks of school, my doctoral coursework, my children's activities, or church activities for this oversight, but that would be way too easy.  Instead, I'm going to make a vow to not let this happen again.

You see, I have way too many things to be thankful for and I am guilty of taking those things for granted.  I want to do better.  I have to do better.  I am going to study today's devotional in hopes of learning what it takes to develop a habit of being thankful. 

What are your tips and suggestions for developing an attitude of gratitude? 

No comments:

Post a Comment