Sunday, November 29, 2015

Still Thankful...

We are nearing the end of November, which means that we are also nearing the end of the "What I'm Thankful For" social media posts.  I have to admit, I have really enjoyed the positive atmosphere of my news feed over the past few weeks and I'm kind of sad to see it go.  I started out on November 1 posting what I was thankful for, but because life happened, I got off track around day 20.  So, I have decided to dedicate this post to getting back on track and getting ahead with my complete list of what I'm thankful for this month and always:

Day 20:  My relationship with God.  There are some days when holding on to His promises is all that gets me through my day.

Day 21:  My husband.  I've been married for 15 years and I truly believe that my husband and I were meant to be.  We're not perfect, but we are perfect for each other. 

Day 22:  My children.  I have two amazing children and I feel so blessed to be their mother.  

Day 23:  My parents.  I'm pretty blessed in the parents department, too.  

Day 24:  My job.  I work with an amazing team and absolutely love every day of my job.  That is so rare these days.  I am so glad that I was obedient and took a leap of faith to pursue this position. 

Day 25:  My friends.  I have an amazingly supportive friend group.  I wouldn't trade any of them for the world.  

Day 26:  My church family.  I am blessed to be surrounded by a loving church family. 

Day 27:  My neighbors.  I've lived in my neighborhood for nearly 12 years and I can't say that I have a single "neighbor nightmare" story.  

Day 28:  The Hallmark Channel.  Need I say more?  They have the best movies on Hallmark and I am so thankful when I get to sit back, relax, and watch a great movie.  (I'm especially partial to the Christmas movies on Hallmark!)

Day 29:  My house.  I am so thankful that I know exactly where I am going to lay my head every night.  

Day 30:  Samford University.  I am currently working on my administrative certification and my doctorate in educational leadership.  I have the best professors and an amazing cohort who help me keep my sanity while I pursue these degrees.

I love that this month helps people take a moment to stop and focus on the many blessings that are in their lives.  I'm glad to have this documented on the blog so that I can refer back to it as a reminder and as encouragement.

We have two days left in the month and I am going to be checking my news feed to catch a glimpse of the final few "What I'm Thankful For" posts.   See you soon!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment