Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Frustrated Couponer on Aisle 3...

So, I've been really excited about trying to keep up with the McGhees.  Or should I say the McGhee.  Wiletta McGhee.  My coupon idol.  But, a little over a month later, I'm still seeing extremely high grocery bills and minimal savings. 

I'm doing all of the right things, aren't I?  I've attended a couponing class, I've clipped EVERY coupon I've seen, I've watched sales papers and websites, and I've even invested in a cute little coupon binder to help me keep my coupons organized. 



Well, I've decided to give myself a little pep talk because giving up is not something that I want to do.  I will not let this defeat me.  Here is how I plan to get focused and get down to the business of saving money.  Lots of money.

1) Revisit couponing websites and blogs.  Read and take notes.  Look at success stories and try to find the behaviors that successful couponers have in common. Mimic those behaviors.

2) Continue to clip coupons. You have to have coupons in order to save money. 

3)  Ask for help from someone who is a veteran.  I've learned that most couponers don't bite.  I have a circle of about 4 "professional couponers" that I got to with my dumb questions.

4)  Celebrate small victories.  Even small savings are savings.

Nothing worth having comes quickly.  I'm going to continue to work at becoming the couponer you all envy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment