Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Missed Me?

So, my last blog post was on March 12.  It's been over two months since the last time I even logged into my blog page!   Wow.  I have to admit that life has been so crazy busy that blogging was the last thing on my mind, even though it is one of my most favorite things to do. 

Here's what I've been up to over the last few months.

1.  Flukerman for Chaplain!  On March 11, I became the mother of the Alabama Junior Beta Club Chaplain.  At the state Beta Club Convention, my son campaigned, and the people elected him to hold the position of State Chaplain for the 2014-2015 school year!  I am so very proud of him, and he is super excited to have this opportunity.




2.   Spring Break trip to Universal Studios. For Spring Break this year, we loaded up the car and headed to Orlando for the week!  We spent the week at the Hard Rock Hotel and enjoyed both Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure.  I enjoyed being able make memories with my family.


3.  Teenager on board!  My oldest turned 13 this spring.  I'm still trying to figure out how I became the mother of a teenager.  I remember the feeling of helplessness that I felt the moment that I found out that I was pregnant.  Here we are 13 years later.  He assures me that I'm doing a great job and that he's never once been able to tell that I didn't know what I was doing!  LOL

4.  Ending of another school year.  School is officially out for the summer.  We had another successful school year.  I survived the year teaching 11th graders.  I still have my sanity and most of my hair!  My son finished with all A's for the year and is #3 in the 7th grade class.  My daughter finished her 5th-grade year with A's and a B (one B for the entire school year).  I am so proud of them because they are both very involved in school activities and still find a way to keep their grades up. 



I would promise that I'm back on a regular blog schedule, but I don't know that for sure.  What I do know is that I'll have a little more time on my hands for the next two months, and for that, I am grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment