Thursday, October 17, 2013

Home Remedies for Coughs, Anyone?

I am looking forward to the end of yet another work week.  It's not that I've been having bad days at school--this week has actually been pretty calm, knock on wood--but rather because I've been dealing with walking pneumonia for the past two weeks.  I've pretty much beat the shortness of breath that was amongst the worst of the symptoms that I was experiencing.  But, I still can't seem to shake this pesky, irritating, deep cough.  I've been prescribed cough syrup and Tessalon Perles, but nothing seems to be able to control the late-night coughing fits that begin just when that good sleep begins to settle in. I've been drinking teas before bedtime and drinking plenty of lemon water during the day.  I've been rubbing down from head to toe with Vick's Vapor Rub and covering with socks and towels.  These all provide temporary relief.  I'm getting desperate now.  Who knows a good home remedy...that works?  Please share.

Coughingly,

Diva on the Run

No comments:

Post a Comment