Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Making Time for Me

I left home at 7:00 a.m. and I didn't return until after 8:00 p.m.  Yes, it's definitely back-to-school time around here.  My day is packed to the max, but I wouldn't have it any other way!  Well, maybe I would.  This fall, in the midst of all the running around that I'll be doing, I've vowed to sneak in a little "me" time each day.  I'm going to sacrifice a little sleep time and set my alarm clock thirty minutes earlier to give myself some time to do exactly what I want to do.  Thirty minutes may seem small, but when moment after moment is spent being mom, wife, teacher, etc., it seems like an eternity.



What will I do with MY thirty minutes?  Pray? Read the morning newspaper? Study? Listen to music? Paint my nails (which I haven't had the time to do in weeks)?  Only time will tell.  My plan for tomorrow morning is to tiptoe quietly into the den (being very careful not to wake anyone), fire up the Keurig for a nice cup of Joe, sit quietly on the sofa (no television, no radio), and just enjoy the solitude!




No comments:

Post a Comment