Saturday, December 20, 2014

Peace in the Midst of a Storm




More than once this month, my faith has been tested.  My peace has been disturbed.  But, I am blessed enough to be surrounded by people who are full of faith and display it in a way that makes me feel silly for not trusting God through ALL situations and circumstances.

The thing that I struggle with most is understanding.  However, today I had an "aha" moment.   I've come to the conclusion that I don't always have to understand situations to accept them.  In fact, I've determined that it's much, much easier to just accept situations, pray for peace, and move on.  Take, for instance, these two situations: 

1)  Someone very close to me hurt me in a big way.  I don't understand why this person would do such a thing.  But, I am going to accept what happened, pray for peace, and move on.

2)  I recently lost a close friend.  I don't understand why this happened, but I am going to accept what happened, pray for peace, and move on.

The list could go on, but the play action would be the same.  When things happen that test my faith, I will no longer spend hours trying to figure out and sort through the whys and the hows.  I will simply take God's word for exactly what it says. 

I listen carefully to what God the LORD is saying, for he speaks peace to his faithful people. Psalm 85:8


No comments:

Post a Comment