Monday, February 17, 2014

Couponing: Jumping on the Money-Saving Bandwagon

I was the shopper who breathed hard and rolled my eyes when I ended up in line behind the person with a binder full of coupons. Seriously?? How much money could she really be saving?  But then, my cousin Wiletta opened my eyes to the wonderful and life-changing world of couponing. 



For months, I watched her posted pictures of her shopping hauls.  The captions showed where she was saving $10, $20, $30, $40.  The more she shopped, the more her savings grew.  Then, the day came when she started having shopping trips that cost her $0!  To top that, she's even started having shopping trips where she left the store with money in her pockets...given to her from the store!!! 

Wiletta's most current haul....absolutely FREE!!


That's when I knew that I had to get off my high horse and join in the madness!  So, I've attended my first couponing class and am looking forward to attending more.  I've even gone on a shopping "field trip" with my cousin so that I can get a closer look at what it takes to be a coupon queen.  I won't lie,   it's not easy, and it takes a lot of planning.  But, when I look at how much money I can potentially save, I'm willing to give it a try. 

I'll be giving you updates from time to time to let you know how my coupon journey is coming along.  If you have any tips or tricks to help me get started, please share them in the comment section.  I'll do the same.  Taking one step at a time, I am committed to saving more money on my grocery bill in 2014! 

No comments:

Post a Comment