Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Getting Back to Normal

Tomorrow is my first "regular" day of work since December 19, 2013.  School dismissed early on December 20 to kick off the holiday break.  Teachers returned on January 2 and 3 for Professional Development days.  Then, due to extremely cold weather (for Alabama, at least) school was delayed two hours each day on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.  As I sat down to type this post, I received the dreaded telephone reminder that we would resume our regular schedule on Thursday morning. So long, pillow.  I've enjoyed holding onto you for an extra hour for the past three mornings.

While I have thoroughly enjoyed the extended break, I am ready to regain some normalcy in my schedule.   You see, I depend heavily on my Cozi app to keep me on track.   So, weeks like this really get me confused.  What day is today?  Do you have dance?  Have I posted my lesson plans?  How many games do you have this week?  Was that meeting today? Didn't I already send the money for that field trip?  It's been absolutely insane trying to keep up with the day's schedule, but I've managed.

Nonetheless, I'm standing with my arms wide open.  Ready to welcome "normal" back into my life.









No comments:

Post a Comment