Saturday, January 18, 2014

Friday Five...Except It's Really Saturday!

It's Friday Saturday!  You know what that means?  I'm linking up with The Sowell Life to recap the highlights of my week!



This late post is pretty indicative of how my week has been.  I feel like I've been one beat behind everyone else all week long.  The craziness of last week (school delays, canceled events, etc.) has caused me to be a bit off kilter, and unfortunately, I don't see an end in site.  At least not at the moment.  Next week, the students are off Monday (intended emphasis on students), so yet again, it won't be a normal week.  So, my Getting Back to Normal post from last week is pretty much null and void.  At least temporarily, anyway. 

I know it sounds like I'm complaining, but I'm really not.  Even amidst mayhem, it was still a great week.

1.  7th Grade Basketball Season Ended
This was my son's first year playing school basketball.  It has been quite an adventure.  He's been playing basketball since he was four.  I have loved watching him transition from baby boy to young man on the court.  I'm definitely his biggest fan!





2.  No Fast Food All Week
Anyone who knows me knows that this is a HUGE deal!  Our schedules are so busy that we turn to fast food for dinner at least 3 times a week.  Well, this week, I proudly profess that we have not donned the drive-thru window once this week!



3.  Getting in Bed by 10
I'm usually up until the wee hours of the night.  I'm always the last one to go to bed at night and the first one to rise in the mornings.  The tables have turned this week.  I'm pretty sure that I've been in bed, laptop closed and all, by 10:00 p.m. (give or take a few minutes) each night this week.


4.  End of My First Year as Cheer Coach at DJHS
Thursday night marked the end of my first year as DJHS Cheer Coach.  It's been an amazing year.  I've watched 16 girls become closer friends, more responsible young ladies, and overall better cheerleaders over the past 6 months. 

5.  Teaching Online Creative Writing Class
Teaching is what I was born to do.  I've accepted that.  I guess it's a good thing that I love doing it, huh?  Well, I found out last week that I'd be teaching an online Creative Writing class.  Of course, I'm very excited to be combining two of my loves:  teaching and technology!

No comments:

Post a Comment