Thursday, November 28, 2013

'Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving

Today, I spent some much needed family time with some of my most favorite family members!  For several years now, my mother and her sisters have played hosts to the family's annual Thanksgiving gathering, and this year is no different.  Each year, the ladies of the family gather to begin preparing the feast of all feasts:  turkey and dressing, giblet gravy, ham, collard greens, macaroni and cheese, sweet potato pie, potato salad, pound cake, strawberry pie, lemon lush, and whatever other surprises get whipped up in the kitchen. 

I'm no fan of cooking, but I am a fan of the memories that are made as we all squeeze into my mom's kitchen laughing, talking, and bonding. 

I am thankful for my family.  Even though I don't spend nearly as much time with them as I'd like to, I always know that they love me and will be there for me whenever I need them.

Today and always, I am thankful for my family, and I'm thankful for all the memories that we've made over the years.  

My Family, June 2011



No comments:

Post a Comment