Sunday, October 27, 2013

I Need Some "Me" Time



Back in August, I vowed to take some time from each day to focus on me.  Well, for about two weeks, I woke up early, made myself a cup of Joe, and sat quietly in my den thinking about the goings-on of life. Then, I quickly realized that if I really wanted to take care of me, I needed SLEEP!  So, needless to say, my 30-minute “me” time has slowly dwindled away.  It’s really, really close to nonexistent since, as of late, I've opted to hit the snooze button a couple of times before slowly dragging myself out of bed.  I guess it’s good that I love my family more than anything else.  Otherwise, I might be a little upset!

You know, the more I think about it.  I don't really need "me" time.  It's obvious that my "me" time is me doing what I love to do each day.  Me living my day to day life is all the "me" time that I need. And that's the truth.

"Me" with my daughter at the Auburn vs. Florida Atlantic Game

"Me" helping Emmitt, our school mascot, get ready for the pep rally


"Me" with my cousins after church

"Me" with my sweet little nieces

"Me" when I first realized that my son was taller than me

See what I mean?  It's quite evident that I get way more "me" time than I realized!  I'm enjoying this life of mine and all the amazing people in it!




No comments:

Post a Comment