Thursday, October 3, 2013

Fave Five Restaurants

Its an unfortunate habit, but anytime there's cause for celebration, my mind immediately wonders, "where are we going to eat?"  I love dining out, mainly because I despise cooking. Love eating.  Don't like cooking.  Go figure.  But, I am working on that.  Anyway, I thought I'd share my Top 5 favorite restaurants.


 If you haven't visited "The Classic", as the locals affectionately call it, you don't know what you're missing.  Classic on Noble boasts steaks, seafood, and salads that are deliciously prepared with the finest and freshest ingredients.  I particularly enjoy the Sunday Brunch that is offered each week.  With menu items such as made-to-order omelets, stuffed chicken breasts, and shrimp etouffee, even the pickiest eater is bound to find something on the buffet that they will fall in love with. Did I mention the dessert bar?  Heavenly, I tell you!



 After I've had a hard afternoon of shopping at the Summit, I love "rewarding" myself. Tavern on the Summit is a cool place to unwind and get a great meal.  The atmosphere is calm and inviting and there's a variety of menu items to please your entire party.


I visited this restaurant when I was in Chicago several years ago. If you're a Cheesecake Factory fan, you'll love Grand Lux Cafe.  The ONLY reason that Grand Lux Cafe made the list as opposed to Cheesecake Factory is one delectable menu item:  Roasted Pineapple Upside-Down Cake!!  This dessert is absolutely amazing.  Grand Lux's version of pineapple upside-down cake is baked with macadamia nuts and served with vanilla ice cream.  

 

 
Firebirds offers a nice atmosphere and delicious menu items.  My husband and I really enjoy dining here. My absolute favorite dish is the filet mignon with a blue cheese crust.  My second favorite dish is the Firebirds Chicken Pasta.  

A few years ago, I worked as an Educational Consultant.  This position required me to travel extensively.  One week, while working in north Alabama, I stumbled into Dale's. There, I had one of the best bleu cheese filets I've ever tasted.  So, so good.




So, what are your favorite restaurants?







No comments:

Post a Comment