Saturday, January 3, 2015

New Year, New Me!

I suppose that since almost everyone is hashtagging #newyearnewme on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, it's only fitting that I do a blog post of the same name, right?  While I am still in shock that it is already 2015, I have to get myself together quickly so that I can begin capturing everything that this year has in store for me.   I do not have any real resolutions, nor do I plan to make any. You see, each year I make resolutions only to see that by April, I have made no real strides towards keeping said resolutions.  I want to do better.  I have to do better.  So, as an alternative to a New Year's resolution, I think that I'm going to set several small, short-term goals that will allow me to celebrate small victories (hopefully) and motivate me to set bigger goals. 

Here are my goals:

1.  Make it through all 21 days of the Daniel Fast without one slip up.  This will be my third time to do the Daneil Fast with my church, Greater New Destiny Christian Church.  The first year, I only lasted 7 days.  Last year, I made it 21 days, but I had a few minor hiccups here and there.  This year, my goal is to make it through the entire fast without having to ask for forgiveness for slipping a Diet Coke.  

2.  Clean out my closet.  Oh, never mind.  I've already done that!!  Go me!!!!  If you had seen my closet before, you'd totally understand my excitement.   

3.  Limit my social media interaction.  This is particularly hard for me because social media is the way that I keep up with most of my friends and family.  However, I will admit that I spend waaaaayyy too much time laughing at scrolling through posts.  Plus, there are certain things that you just can't unsee!  I learned that one the hard way. 

4.  Blog more.  I really hope that I can stick to this one because I love blogging.  Sometimes, it gets really hard to squeeze in moment to crack out a post.  I really want to publish at least once a month. Stay tuned...

5,  Make more time for me.  I definitely see more nail, hair, and spa appointments in my future.  I have to take more time to do the things that I want to do.  

Okay, that's enough for now.  I'm making myself nervous with all of these goals.  These are all realistic goals that I feel strongly that I can achieve.  In my monthly (hopefully more) blog posts, I'll keep you posted on how it goes.  Wish me luck!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment