Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Jabberwock 2015

One of the happiest days of my life was the day that I was initiated into my beloved sorority, Delta Sigma Theta, Inc.  From the moment I stepped foot onto the Loveliest Village on the Plains, I was in awe of the work that the ladies of DST consistently accomplished.  Since that lovely day back in January of 2000, I have worked to promote scholarship and service to my community with my amazing sisters!  So, it was without reservation that I accepted the invitation for my daughter to participate in the Talladega County Alumnae Chapter's Jabberwock pageant!

Jabberwock is one of TCAC's major fundraisers.  The proceeds raised by this pageant fund scholarships for high school seniors headed to pursue a college degree.  My daughter is competing for the title of Miss Crimson and Cream!  From now until February 1, 2015, we will be working to help TCAC raise money for scholarships for college-bound high school seniors in the Talladega County area.

In addition to fundraising, my daughter will also have the opportunity to participate in a series of workshops, along with the other pageant participants.  The workshops will focus on etiquette and self-esteem, as well as academic success and planning for the future.

If you are interested in supporting us by making a tax-deductible donation or by purchasing an ad for the pageant program, please contact me via email at cherithfluker@yahoo.com for information!




No comments:

Post a Comment