Wednesday, February 5, 2014

5 Valentine’s Day Date Ideas

Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays.  I know many will argue it's not a real holiday, but rather another made-up day to line the pockets of already-wealthy businesses.  What can I say?  I'm a fool for any day that is designed to celebrate love, and more importantly any day that allows me to get a special surprise from those I love most! 

So, what are your plans for Valentine's Day 2014?  Well, if you're looking for a fun way to spend V-Day, here are a few date night ideas that are Cupid-approved:

1.  Take a painting class together.  I bet it would be tons of fun creating a masterpiece with your sweetheart!  That old Atlantic Starr song is playing in my head now.  I found the masterpiece in you, a work of art it's true, and I treasure you... (okay, so I'm the only one who remembers it, huh?)




2.  Attend a poetry reading at a poetry club.  I've always wanted to attend a live poetry reading.  However, I'm not really sure if there's a venue near me that hosts such events.  I'm close to Birmingham and close enough to Atlanta to travel there, so I'll have to rely on the Internet to help make that date possible for me.




3.  Go to a concert.  Find out if a muscian that the two of you love is playing nearby and cop tickets for you and your boo to attend!  I enjoy live concerts, but it's been years since I've gone to one.  I think my last concert was Brian McKnight back before the turn of the millennium...(Eeeek.  I didn't realize it had been that long!)
www.concreteloop.com


4.  Take a cooking class together.  I'm not a big fan of cooking. So anything that would make cooking more "fun" for me is worth a shot.
www.feastsfromthepantry.com


5.  Go out to a romantic dinner.  Always a winner in my book.  Valentine's comes but once a year.  Why not make reservations at your favorite restaurant and splurge a bit on that delicious meal that you wouldn't otherwise partake in?




What great Valentine's Day date ideas do you want to share? 

No comments:

Post a Comment