Thursday, November 14, 2013

You Reap What You Sow

Last year, I got the inkling to start my own raised bed vegetable garden.  It had a lot to do with the fact that a couple of my colleagues had their own gardens and come harvest season, they would come to school gloating about the beautiful vegetables and flowers that were grown right in their own back yards.  I had counted myself out of the gardening business because there was no way a girl who rarely goes outside was going to be able to grow a garden, right?



Wrong!



With the help of those same colleagues, I learned more about gardening and the types of seeds I needed to sow in order to get the end result that I desired.



Just like with the garden, in life you have to sow the right seeds in order to get the results that you desire.  Here are a few examples:


1.  If you want to do well in school, you have to study and work hard.
2.  If you want to lose weight, you have to eat less and exercise more.
3.  If you want to run a marathon, you have to train months and months in advance.
4.  If you want to learn to play a musical instrument, you have to practice, practice, practice.
5.  If you want to gain friends, you have to show yourself friendly.


 The equation is simple.  Sowing good seeds + nurturing and caring for those seeds = A good harvest.  The old saying proves true:  You reap what you sow!

No comments:

Post a Comment