Monday, November 18, 2013

Why I Love Living in Alabama

For thirty something years, Alabama has been my home.  When I try to think of the reasons I love living here, so many things come to mind.  But somehow, I was able to narrow my absolute favorite reasons to these:

1.  The Beaches - Alabama is home to some of the most beautiful white-sand beaches!  My favorite getaway place is the beach and living in Alabama makes it easy to take a quick beach trip at a moment's notice. 
 

2.  The Colleges - There are over 60 colleges in the state of Alabama.  I love that our student have so many choices for post-secondary studies right in their own back doors!

Well of course I was going to choose my Alma Mater for the pic. War Eagle!

3.  The Food.  Alabama proudly boasts being home to numerous award-winning restaurants that serve the finest (and tastiest) southern cuisine!  You can check the calendar at just about any given month and find a food festival of some sort going on somewhere in the state.  From crawfish boils and shrimp festivals to barbecue cook offs and pie contests, Alabama is the place to be for some good cooking and eating!


4.  The History.  It is an honor to live in a place that is so rich in history.  I've lived in Alabama my entire life and I'm still learning the historical value of this great state.  One year of Alabama History in grade school is surely not enough to educate yourself on all the figures and events that shape and mold who Alabama is today.  
Old pic traveling in from vacation.
 
 5. The gardening.  I know that I don't have a green thumb, but on the surface, no one can tell!  Growing a garden in rich Alabama soil coupled with the perfect Alabama weather makes even the novice gardener appear to be Farmer John's niece! 

My raised-bed garden. 


These are just a few of the many reasons I love calling Alabama home!  What do you love about where you live?




No comments:

Post a Comment